Kidney stone has been a painful formation from the dawn of human life. Heredity plays an important role in this formation. They can be avoided and treated with some easy home remedies.
Kidney stone has become a great problem in the modern lifestyle. Many aspects of modern lifestyle cause formation of urinary stones as inevitable part of life. Formation of kidney stones can be avoided and treated with some easy home remedies.
Why stones are formed in the urinary system?
Formation of stone in kidney is generally found to be hereditary. Certain foods may promote stone formation in people who are susceptible to this condition. Infections in the urinary tract, kidney diseases, and certain metabolic disorders in the body are some of the reasons for stone formation.
Metabolic disorders such as cystinuria leads to kidney stone since the non-dissolved amino acid cystine is formed as stones of cystine. When there is more oxalate in urine which cannot be dissolved it is formed into kidney stones.
Symptoms of kidney stone
Generally, presence of kidney stone is known when a person feels a sharp, cramping pain in the back and side in the kidney area or in the lower part of abdomen, There will be a sudden and severe pain in the abdomen or lower backside when the stone in the kidney may happen to move in the urinary tract and blocks the flow of urine. Sometimes the pain may be accompanied with some nausea or vomiting.
Remedies for kidney stone
If the presence of kidney stone is suspected or if it is hereditary it is advisable to take precautions not to worsen the condition. With the consultation of a specialist certain preventive measures can be taken.
1) Most important of the preventive measures and lifestyle changes is drinking plenty of water. People who are prone to form kidney stone should drink water or liquids throughout the day to produce more urine flow. Drinking plenty of pure water helps controlling the formation of mineral deposits in the kidneys
2) Highly acidic diets tend to cause kidney stones. Hence these people may take more alkaline diets to prevent crystal deposits. Most forms of animal protein, soft drinks, coffee, alcohol, etc. have an acidic effect on the body and may form kidney stone.
3) Some herbs that are commonly found such as golden rod, meadow sweet, sarsaparilla, joe-pye weed and plantain help cleanse excess uric acid from the kidneys and prevent stone formation.
4) Pomegranate is considered good for removing stones. The seeds and juice of this fruit with the sour taste helps dissolving kidney stones.
5) Watermelon and apple are good for removing crystals in urine.
6) Ayurveda suggests taking a teaspoon of honey mixed with equal juice of fresh holy basil leaves in the morning for at least six months.
Copyright © 2013 - vpaulose.ExpertsColumn.Com · All Rights Reserved | Powered by: ExpertsColumn.com